What are finger liems? Little limes that are long and skinny and aren’t any bigger than your little finger. They come in colors ranging from a deep green to yellow and even a very pretty pink! When you slice them down the side, these tiny, bead-like things just come popping out and when you eat the tiny beads you get this EXPLOSION of lime! Lime Caviar!.
Finger Lime Mojito Cheesecake Trifle
Posted by Christy on Oct 29, 2012 at Myinvisiblecrown.com
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 20-25 Biscoff cookies, crushed
- 1 1/2 bars vanilla white chocolate (90 gram bars)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- zest and juice from 3 limes
- 1/4 cup white rum (water can be substituted)
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, torn and bruised a little with a mortar and pestle plus more for garnish
- 2 blocks cream cheese
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 6 finger limes Find at To-Table Here
- Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan over a medium heat. Stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the mint leaves, lime juice and zest, and rum or water and cover. Allow to steep for 20 minutes.
- Place the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water and stir until melted.
- Beat the cream cheese and mascarpone until smooth.
- Strain the syrup and add with melted chocolate and blend to combine. Set aside.
- Combine the crushed biscuits and melted butter and stir.
- Divide half the mixture between 6 glasses and press into the base or layer in a small trifle bowl.
- Top with half the cheesecake mixture.
- Repeat this process once more.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to set.
- Slice finger limes down the side and gently dig out the beads and top trifle mixture.
- When ready to serve top with a dollop of cream, mint leaves lime garnish.