Why should you buy a heritage turkey from these farms?
- The oldest genetic line of Heritage Turkey in America.
- The Flavor profile of Heritage turkeys, compared to industrial turkeys, is a deep, rich dark turkey taste with an aroma that will fill your house.
- Heritage turkeys are universally acclaimed to be the tastiest birds on the market today.
Frank Reece, the founder & owner of the producer of these great heritage birds explains:
"Raising these animals is my labor of love. When I was eleven I entered my Jersey Black Giant Chickens and won at our county fair and I got to take them to the Kansas State Fair. At the fair, I saw my first Standard Bronze, Black Spanish, Royal Palm, Narragansett, White Holland and Bourbon Red Turkeys. I also met “Norman Kardosh, the “Turkey Man” of the poultry world, who became a good friend and teacher. He shared his vast knowledge with me and I realized I wanted to start my own flock. I bought my first trio of birds from Norman in the 50’s and have maintained and improved the flock for over the years. These are the oldest continuous strains of standard-bred heritage birds in North America. My birds breed on their own, lay well, and are good mothers. As I grow older my main concern is what is going to happen to these beautiful and magnificent heritage birds."
Sizes & Pricing:
- Small Bird - 10 to 12 Pounds ($169) - 10 Available
- Medium Bird - 14 to 16 Pounds ($209) -Sold Out
- Large Bird - 18 to 20 Pounds ($249) - Sold Out
- Extra Large Bird - 20 to 22 Pounds ($275) - Sold Out
~~~ Birds will ship for delivery of fresh birds to your door on November 18th ~~~
Frank Reese, Founder of Good Shepherd Turkey Ranch