Enjoy some of the worlds best seafood from the comfort of your own home. Throw a dinner party that feels like a vacation and treat yourself! Kyle Mendenhall says: "This package gives you full permission to kick back on the couch, watch a movie and indulge". This menu is crafted by chef Kyle for a party of 10+ people and is very simple to prepare, light and healthy, and with a real seafood flavor and kick.
This package features bouchot mussels, the finest Maine Peekytoe crab hand picked daily, and special chocolates from Nathan Miller at Nathan Miller Chocolates. Nathan is one of the hottest chocolatiers in the country, hand crafting fair-trade, single origin chocolates. This package also offers a look at something new for most people, seabeans! Seabeans are a warm season treat that look similar to a green bean and when you bite into them they have a wonderful salty-ocean burst of flavor. They are great in salads.
Mussels steamed in wine and butter. Saute garlic, shallots and parsley in an olive oil and butter mixture (2 TBLS each). before they have changed color, add mussels (bouchot mussels need very little cleaning) and a cup and a half of white cooking wine. Cover and cook 4-5 minutes, toss the mussels, add another 1/2 cup of chopped parsely, and cook covered for another 4-5 minutes. Serve with a good crusty bread
Peekytoe Salad. Lightly mix crab, sea beans, arugula, and sliced avacado. Dress with mixture of lime and olive oil. Season to taste.
Nathan Miller Chocolates. Sample from a collection of 5 different single origin dark chocolate bars. Try pairing with a fine bourbon or single malt scotch.
As, always, if you have any questions or need any help, please contact us by phone (720-330-0441) or email (email@example.com).
5 Pounds Bouchot Mussels. These mussels are rope cultured in the pristine Blue Hill Bay, Maine
2 Pounds Peekytoe Crab. This little crab is so beloved at Restaurant Daniel, Jean Georges, the French Laundry, Spago and other famous eating establishments that the chefs must have this product that has long been routinely discarded. In just a few years, the peekytoe, which weighs less than a pound, has been transformed from a throwaway byproduct of lobster fishing to a star in the culinary firmament. Meticulously shelled and cleaned and delivered in tub filled with sweet meat.
1 Pound Wild Arugula. With more jagged and deeper lobed leaves, Wild arugula has a more intense pepper flavor than cultivated arugula. Its smooth, deep green leaves have a more pungent aroma than common arugula. Similar to the related watercress and cabbage, the bite in Wild arugula comes from iso¬thiocyanates, which are phytochemicals that neutralize carcinogens in the body.
1 Pound Sea Beans. Sea Beans grow wild all over coastal North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Sometimes called "poor man's asparagus", sea beans are not seaweed, as it is often mistakenly described, nor is it a bean, which it slightly resembles. Sea Beans are the small, fleshy stems and branches of salt-tolerant and salty seacoast plants in the genus Salicornia, which is in the beet family.
A Collection of 5 of Nathan Miller's Single Origin Chocolate Bars.
1. 73.5% MADAGASCAR - DARK CHOCOLATE MADE WITH ORGANIC CACAO, ORGANIC CANE SUGAR, & ORGANIC CACAO BUTTER. TASTING NOTES OF DRIED WHITE RAISIN & APRICOT.
2. 72% PERU - DARK CHOCOLATE MADE WITH DIRECT TRADE CACAO, ORGANIC CANE SUGAR, & ORGANIC CACAO BUTTER. RECENTLY REVIEWED IN THE NEW YORK TIMES BY PETE WELLS, PETE CALLED IT UNUSUAL & EASY TO LIKE, SOMEWHAT SIMILAR TO HOW WE'D DESCRIBE NATHAN!
3. 70% GHANA - OUR 2015 GOOD FOOD AWARDS WINNING DARK CHOCOLATE MADE WITH FAIR TRADE CACAO, ORGANIC CANE SUGAR, & ORGANIC CACAO BUTTER. TASTING NOTES OF CARAMEL, COCONUT, & DATE.
4. 70% BELIZE - DARK CHOCOLATE MADE WITH DIRECT TRADE ORGANIC CACAO, ORGANIC CANE SUGAR, & ORGANIC CACAO BUTTER. TASTING NOTES OF HEAVY CREAM, BROWN SUGAR, & HAZELNUT.
5. 70% HISPANIOLA - DARK CHOCOLATE MADE WITH FAIR TRADE ORGANIC CACAO, ORGANIC CANE SUGAR, & ORGANIC CACAO BUTTER. TASTING NOTES OF BALSAMIC, BLACKBERRY, & DRIED BANANA.
Package does not include:
Olive Oil, butter, avacado, lime, shallots, garlic, parsely, cooking wine (sauvignon blanc), butter, crusty bread, and salt and pepper.
Shipping is included